Tuesday 1 April 2014

“Manchester United Lack Class To Repel Bayern” Samuel Kufffour


Ex Ghanaian International and former Bayern Munich defender Samuel Kuffour has revealed that Manchester United of England lack the class of players that could repel visiting Bayern Munich as the two sides face each other in a first leg UEFA Champions League quarter final match. 

The ex Bayern Munich defender is yet to forget his club’s painful loss to United in in the 1999 European Cup final. Almost fifteen years after the encounter, he still cannot watch the game on television as the loss is still so painful. According to him "After the game I was just crying. I went straight to the airport to go back to Berlin for an operation.

"I have never even watched the game, I don't want to see it. If it is on TV, my friends will call me and say, 'Hey, they are showing your game.' I say to them that I don't want to watch it. It still gives me pain. I need to let it go but I'm still holding it in my heart. It's very difficult and I don't want to watch it.

Samuel, 37, spent a total of 12 years with Bayern Munich after he joined them from Torino as a 15 year old lad. He had a long and glorious career with the club that included six Bundesliga titles.  Kuffour is presently a soccer pundit in South Africa but still visits Bayern Munich regularly and describes the club as “a family”.  "I have good relationships with a lot of players there," he says. "Schweinsteiger was my boy.”

He had a word of advice for United "I think Manchester United need to buy some quality players. They need to go into the market. For me, to play against Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole was an honour, it was a privilege. They were really good at the time and it made me play better.

"The players they have at the moment are not at the highest level and the fans should admit that. I don't blame David Moyes," Kuffour says. "Bayern will have more possession and that will be a problem for United, because some of their players aren't getting younger."

Would United be lucky again against the visiting German machines? We’ll find out at the end of hopefully 90 minutes on Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment